SRDIV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Depending on which way it falls it could ruin this game

3 posters

Go down

Depending on which way it falls it could ruin this game Empty Depending on which way it falls it could ruin this game

Post  Admin aka Blackdragun Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:04 pm

http://forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php?t=39221

Current Store Items:
http://www.fallenearth.com/store

Runes of Magic was a great game that Nic and I both enjoyed but it proved that you needed to spend major $$$ to be a great player. If this game starts going down that road then I will hit the exit.
Admin aka Blackdragun
Admin aka Blackdragun
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Character sheet
Game: Fallen Earth
Name: Jasmine Hunt

http://www.srdiv.com

Back to top Go down

Depending on which way it falls it could ruin this game Empty Re: Depending on which way it falls it could ruin this game

Post  Accel Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 am

Lets hope they go a different way, as apposed to like alot of those 'free' MMO's do.

Like I played 9 Dragons for awhile, yeah, it was a free grind fest, and you could play forever, but the mall was full of items that would make you powerful and tip the balace always in your favor.

But in City of Heroes/Villains, they did it right. They offered items that would just put a newer coat of paint/ deepen lore/ ect. They were tied into our 'origins' (what you chose at character creation as a backdrop of who your character was) like Mutant, Science, Natural, Technology, ect. The "Booster" packs were 10USD and they were awesome costume peices, exclusive emotes and maybe a small power like a light buff to other players (very small with a long cooldown) or like a team teleport power.

It was smart how they did it, offering stuff to buy that didnt affect any balance at all. Powers and abilities gained from the packs were negligable.

If they do it here, I hope they make it like that. But for the prices they offer, they could throw more shit into the pot. I mean really. Just one pair of goggles and nothing else? Thats the joke. Put in maybe a new recipe book for low level pants or clothing that has designs on them. They have factions here, and could very well do the same thing that CoH/V did with offering small stuff in a package geared towards each one.

Heres hoping for the best.
Accel
Accel

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Character sheet
Game: Fallen Earth
Name: Accel

Back to top Go down

Depending on which way it falls it could ruin this game Empty Re: Depending on which way it falls it could ruin this game

Post  Niclo Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:24 am

One would hope cash items would be along the lines of buying extra storage in vaults, different looks, crafting mats, and double or triple xp buffs. Hell even buying bullets would make them money.
Niclo
Niclo

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down